1954

Davis Retires, Duehr Becomes the Second Chair

Dr. Frederick A. Davis retires. Dr. Peter A. Duehr, beloved clinician and teacher, becomes the second Chair of the Eye Service.

Dr. Frederick J. Davis is stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA, and serves as Chief of Ophthalmology for the Naval Hospital until 1956. Upon his return to Madison, he is one of the first to practice ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery in Wisconsin as a specialty.