1924

School Expands Curriculum to Four-year Program

The school expands its curriculum to a four-year program after Wisconsin General Hospital opens in 1924. The UW Medical School becomes the nation’s first to establish statewide teaching sites. The “Wisconsin Preceptorial Plan,” which places students under the tutelage of physicians in Madison and across the state, begins “something new in medical education.”

Dr. Frederick Allison Davis accepts the Professorship and Chairmanship of the Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat (EENT) and Plastic, a division of the Department of Surgery.