Join us at one of our public events this year, we look forward to having you on our mission to save sight.
Sign Up for the All Activities Calendar
Sign up here to access the Ophthalmology All Activities Calendar. This includes meetings, conferences, and events that may not be open to the public.
- This event has passed.
Equity Alliance: LIFTING VOICES SERIES
January 28, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
“An Imperfect Path: A Reckoning for Land Grant Universities in this Moment of Equity” presented by:
- Aaron Bird Bear, UW Tribal Relations Director, Office of University Relations and Division of Extension
- Omar Poler, UW Indigenous Education Coordinator in the Provost’s office, American Indian Curriculum Services (SOE)
We welcome Aaron Bird Bear and Omar Poler to kick off our Alliance speaker series, a bi-monthly presentation that aims to lift more voices, as we actively listen. In doing so, we hope to continue to build our shared context, language and humanity in this equity and justice work.
Have questions about decolonization? Tribal relations? UW policies on the horizon? Actions to support? Please submit your questions for our speakers to Jessica Arendas (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 25, 2021.
- 12pm – Welcome and introduction
- 12:05 – Speaker presentation
- 12:40 – Open discussion with speakers
- 1:00 – Discussion ends
- 1:00 – 1:30 – Alliance open forum
Feel free to invite a colleague to this discussion by forwarding this invitation, all are welcome!