Join us at one of our public events this year, we look forward to having you on our mission to save sight.
Sign Up for the All Activities Calendar
Sign up here to access the Ophthalmology All Activities Calendar. This includes meetings, conferences, and events that may not be open to the public.
- This event has passed.
CANCELED // Ophthalmology Grand Rounds
March 20, 2020 @ 7:00 am - 8:00 am
An event every week that begins at 7:00 am on Friday, repeating until April 25, 2020
EDUCATION FOR CLINICAL PROFESSIONALS
Residents and faculty present and discuss various case studies with the goal of improving clinical care practice. Held weekly throughout the year, Grand Rounds offers continuing Medical Education (CME) credit for ophthalmologists and Continuing Education (CE) credit for optometrists.
We will be canceling thIS EVENT AND THE following Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences events due to the developing health risks posed by the coronavirus (COVID-19) and guidance by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, UW Health and UW–Madison:
- March 20 – GRAND ROUNDS // CANCELED // VISITING PROFESSORS: Arpan Gandhi, MBBS, MD, Shroff’s Charity Eye Hospital; Scott Barnes, MD
- March 21 – WINTERMISSION // CANCELED
- March 27 – GRAND ROUNDS // CANCELED // Meisha Raven, DO; Elaine Downie, MD; Nicholas Pytel, DO
- April 3 – DE VENECIA MEMORIAL LECTURE // POSTPONED // Catherine Macaraig, MD, University of Santo Tomas
- April 10 – GRAND ROUNDS // CANCELED // VISITING PROFESSOR: Eve Higgenbotham, SM, MD, University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine
- April 17 – GEORGE KAMBARA, MD, VISION SCIENCE SYMPOSIUM // CANCELED
The public health measures that communities and institutions like ours are putting in place can significantly reduce the severity of an outbreak. We are looking forward to seeing you at events later this year when we can ensure the health and safety of our attendees, faculty and staff. Please continue to check our events calendar daily, as event information will be updated as it is received.
STATEMENT OF ACCREDITATION
In support of improving patient care, the University of Wisconsin-Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME),the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
The University of Wisconsin-Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. The University of Wisconsin-Madison ICEP, as a member of the University Professional & Continuing Education Association (UPCEA) authorizes this program for .1 CEUs or 1.0 hours.