Warning: Undefined array key "sizes" in /var/www/dirigible/wp-content/themes/dirigible/templates/header.php on line 56
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /var/www/dirigible/wp-content/themes/dirigible/templates/header.php on line 56
There are so many ways to give to support our strong research initiatives, critical clinical trials and many more sight-saving efforts for our local, regional, national and global communities. Consider one or all of the following:
1. Donate to the Annual Forward Fund to support the greatest needs of the department, whether that’s basic science research, clinical research or training the next generation of scientists, eye surgeons and care providers.
2. Learn about clinical trials. We have a comprehensive list of trials here. Let friends and family know about them as well.
3. Attend a Saving Sight Session. Our experts share the latest research and care options in these free community events held each spring and fall. Watch our calendar for details.
4. Share your story. Each story is unique but as a whole, provides hope and a sense of community through similar experiences. See the Contact Us section below.
5. Stay in touch. Our newsletter is a great resource for everything happening in the department. Sign up in the red box at the very bottom of this page.
Committed to saving sight, globally.
Long recognized as a national and international leader in eye care, the University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences is exploring new projects in patient care, research and education in the hope of eliminating vision loss. With strong clinicians and a talented core of basic scientists, the department is well-positioned to care for patients, unearth the root causes of eye disease, develop new treatments and train students to become the ophthalmology and vision science leaders of the future. The National Eye Institute of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) has recognized the department’s excellence with awards that place it among the top NIH ophthalmology grant recipients in the country. Continued cuts in federal grants and a growing need for answers to eye disease as the population ages, however, make clear the need for a more stable, dependable source of funding.
Contact Kristin Larson to start the conversation today.
THE DAVIS SOCIETY
We launched the Davis Society to celebrate the generosity of those who support the University of Wisconsin Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences (DOVS). The incredible work would not be possible without these gifts.
The Davis Society provides a platform for honoring Matthew “Dinny” Davis, MD, for his tireless dedication to DOVS. Dinny created a culture of excellence, honesty and integrity, imprinting on the mission of the department. We honor Dinny and also his father, F. A. Davis, and brother, Jeff Davis, and the many colleagues who have indelibly shaped our world-class department.
View the latest members of the Davis Society by clicking the button below.
Share your stories with us here. We welcome every opportunity to celebrate sight with you!